Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Lifestyle advice
- Alcohol / drug advice
- Overseas travel
- Asthma clinic
- Vaccinations and immunisations (travel, childhood)
- Diabetic clinic
- Family planning
- Maternity services - the community midwife holds a clinic on a Friday at the surgery, Appointments are available via reception.
- Minor surgery - certain procedures can be performed in the surgery.
- New patient medical
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Flu vaccination (available annually from mid-October) to those aged 65 and over and to 'at risk' patients.
- Pneumonia vaccinations - available all year for the same category of patients. One vaccination will provide lifetime cover.
- Coil fitting - please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss this.
- Sexual health clinic - it is possible to book an appointment for sexual health screening including blood tests for HIV. Tests cannot be done as part of a routine appointment so please book an STI screen or "9KF" with reception.
- Cervical smear tests - the practice nurses run clinics at various times throughout the week. This can also be done at family planning clinics (ask the receptionist for a leaflet).